To begin with, it is a widely known fact that the medical sphere is one of the most critical in the human performance due to the fact that people’s health and lives depend on it. The obstetrics is one of the key fields of the health care system since it is directly related to the process of human birth and, as follows, appears as one of the key decisive factors of the humanity’s successful reproduction. As a result, there are numerous thesis topics on obstetrics as this science studies a great variety of aspects of the human reproduction. Thesis topics on obstetrics may be useful for college and university students of this specialty that search for new themes for their research and essays.
One can assume that thesis topics on obstetrics can be based on the main sections of this science. First of all, there is a need for defining which aspects of the health care it covers. In the modern obstetrics, the attention of scientists is paid to various critical issues starting with the abnormal uterine bleeding and ending with hyperprolactinemia and menopause. It is possible to point out three major sub-divisions of the obstetrics that are:
- the health care of a mother and a fetus in a period of pregnancy,
- the health care of a mother and a child during the process of delivery,
- and the health care of a mother and a child during the postnatal or postpartum period that takes place right after a child’s birth and lasts for approximately six weeks.
As a result, thesis topics on obstetrics can be developed in each of the named spheres basing on ones’ specialty or sphere of interest. For example, in the field of the health care during pregnancy, one can choose such thesis topics and research such issues as
- the prevention of the vitamin deficiency and exhaustion of the mother,
- the study of the Immune Status of Rubella in pregnant women,
- the comparison of the blood pressure of pregnant adolescents and adult women,
- the impact of screening on a fetus.
As follows, in case when an individual decides to focus on the sphere of the delivery period, he or she can choose such thesis topics:
- methods of minimizing the surgical intervention for pregnant women with risks,
- the influence of the use of light sedatives during the process of delivery,
- the influence of the use of painkillers during the process of delivery.
Finally, in the sphere of the postnatal obstetrics, one can choose such thesis topics as:
- the impact of the physical activity on a mother’s recovery,
- the comparison of the successfulness and tempo of recovery of adolescent and adult women,
- the most necessary vitamins for mothers after a delivery and the differences in such groups displayed by cases that avoided the surgical intervention and needed it.
All in all, it can be observed that due to the great inclusiveness of the obstetrics discipline, its outstanding meaningfulness, and rapid development, there are numerous fields and issues to research. As follows, one can choose a thesis topic basing on the key aspects and studied problems of the obstetrics.